Sunday, July 14, 2013

26 Weeks

We're getting ready to close out the third trimester and I can't believe how time is flying by. What's even crazier is that my little baby boy will be TWO next week. Yikes! Can I hit the pause button on life for a few moments?

Anyway, life has been crazy busy as usual, thus why I've been slow to update here. Moving definitely has been keeping us busy. Our new house is great, but we've been doing lots of work to it (specifically painting) and lots of unpacking. I love that I have a whole playroom for Tyler, I love that we have lots of yard space for him to play and I love our master bedroom. Jordon is VERY pleased he has a whole 2 car garage to fill with his tools, bikes, etc that used to crowd our tiny shed at our old house. We decided to keep Tyler and the new baby in the same room, even though we did have an extra bedroom which is our guest room now, so I've been scheming on how to create a wonderful, gender neutral nursery. I've been playing with the idea of a turquoise, coral, and yellow theme, so we ended up painting the walls turquoise (they used to be bright yellow, ceiling included... see the before and after photos below) which looks great and now I'm deciding on bedding. Jordon's grandma is very gifted at sewing so she's going to be making a bed skirt for the crib. I want a three tiered, ruffled skirt, but I haven't quite decided what color I want it. I also think I want to include some chevron style pieces (yes, I know this will probably go out of style in a few years, but humor me), so I'm looking around to see what I think. I found a blanket at Target which is kind of what I'm going for, but not the exact colors (I'd like to have my coral rather than powder pink). But I still have plenty of time to decide! I'm honestly not in much of a rush to get that done because I know from experience that baby will end up in our room for the first couple months anyway and the last thing I really have time for right now is nursery designing. Prepping for my new job and classes and unpacking everything is definitely higher up on the priority list.


On the pregnancy front, things are going well. Little baby girl is moving and squirming like crazy (just like her brother!) so I'm enjoying feeling that all the time. My hips have definitely been aching and I don't think there is much I can do about it. I've been slacking on my yoga because we've been so busy with the move, and I'm sure that's not helping, so hopefully I can get my pregnant butt back into that routine and start feeling a little better. I've been having a hard time sleeping because my belly is getting bigger and bigger which means more naps are necessary during the day, but other than that and my hips, I can't complain too much.

On the toddler front, Tyler is adjusting pretty well to the new house. He seems to love having a playroom and is very happy with his big yard. He has been a little more fussy than usual, so I think he definitely can tell something is going on, but other than that, he's been a pretty happy little guy. He also is enjoying seeing his cousins more, and having a lot more to do around here. We've taken him to the park, my mom got him a water table to play in outside, he loves getting sprayed with the hose when I'm working in the garden and he likes our (almost) daily trips to Lowe's haha. He's been talking SO much, it's crazy. He's definitely been a late talker, but boy is his vocabulary been booming the past couple months. He's learned the words "tennis" and "exercise" much to Daddy and Mommy's delight and he's linking words together now. I was completely taken aback when we were in Walmart the other day and he found a toy he liked and proceeded to tell me "I need dis!" I'm in for trouble! He also will say "I'm comin'!" when I ask if he wants to go somewhere and he has the cutest little baby accent ever! We haven't made any grand strides in the potty training department yet, but honestly haven't had time to put much effort into it. I really want to put some time into it soon though, so he'll be trained before he goes to school in the fall.

Tyler's SECOND birthday is just around the corner and I have no idea how it snuck up on us so quickly! Last year I'd been planning his party for months beforehand, but this year we've been so busy and distracted I've only planned out a couple ideas in my head and am having a hard time figuring out when we are going to plan a party with all of our moving, working and traveling. I don't even have a clue on what to get him for his big day! I'm seriously slacking in the mommy department. Jordon and I need to get our brains together and come up with something quick... only a week left until B-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment