Monday, September 5, 2011

6 Weeks!




It's been two weeks since my last update and boy has a lot happened! First of all, I've given up ice cream.... and milk, and cheese, and dairy completely. We knew Tyler was sensitive to dairy awhile back because he was so fussy after feedings, and giving up dairy seemed to do the trick, but I still ate some cheese and products with small amounts of dairy in them (like pancakes, some cereals and granola bars, etc). Well after one weekend where I had pizza 3 times, and a few too many "just a sip"s of a milkshake Jordon got, Tyler started to be very fussy and had (TMI) green poop. Well, after completely cutting all dairy out, it seems that Tyler is much happier, and his poop is now a normal color haha. But it leaves me with very few food choices! You wouldn't believe how many foods have dairy in them!! I'm pretty much living off peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and pasta these days.

Also, Tyler has hit some major milestones!! He's now smiling in response to us and he is "coo"ing! It is the most precious thing! Sometimes I'll ask him to tell me a story, and he'll give a "coo" and a "ga" and it makes my heart melt. And lastly, he is still growing like a weed. He's starting to fit into some of his 0-3 month clothing! As sad as it is for me to start packing away some of his newborn onsies, I'm excited to have a larger wardrobe to choose from when dressing him.

On a semi-related note, I've entered a photo contest on the Medela webpage to win a VERY nice double pump (which would come in handy when I eventually go back to work!) and some other breastfeeding accessories. I'd really appreciate it if you all could vote for my photo! You just need to click this link: http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/keep-the-connection-photo-detail/1585 , then enter your email address, and they will send you a confirmation email with a link to click to confirm your vote. You can vote once per email address, so have your friends/family/significant others/etc vote with their emails please!! Thank you in advance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment