Thursday, February 24, 2011

18 Weeks


Today marks the 18 week mark... 2 weeks to halfway through! My little sweet potato is apparently moving like crazy this week, but I only feel little flutters every now and then when I'm sitting completely still. It kind of feels like a goldfish is swimming around my uterus. Wonderful image, huh?

The hard part about pregnancy this week is getting some decent sleep! It's hard to find a comfortable position because I'm typically a belly-sleeper, and sleeping on my side is just not the same. Plus, I wake up sore from sleeping in new positions. On top of everything, I've been having just the wildest dreams. So it's hard to fall asleep, I wake up in weird positions, I wake up to pee, and I wake up from these dreams, and all together I'm not getting much restful sleep! Thank goodness for naps!

Tennis practice started on Monday, so I've been busy with that. I actually really enjoy being busy during the day with school, my internship and tennis, because it keeps me busy enough to not realize how tired I am! Plus, I've been trying to do a lot of the conditioning with the girls, so I've been able to stay active as well.

Jordon and I are very excited for our next OB visit... St. Patty's Day! We're eager to see how much Tyler has grown since we last saw him (I think a lot since my belly is just getting bigger and bigger!). Even though my belly is still obviously small in comparison to how it will be later in the pregnancy, I still feel like it's huge... I'm not used to having a belly this big! And my jeans are just too tight to handle the lower part of my belly... even the rubber band through the button hole trick is getting tough. Thankfully, I found a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in forever because they were too big. My SIL also passed on a bunch of maternity clothes to me the other day, so I should be set once my little boy starts popping out a bit more.

Please continue to keep us and Tyler in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment