Wednesday, April 6, 2011

24 Weeks


Getting closer and closer! Little Tyler is about 1 foot long and weights anywhere between 1 and 1/3 lbs to 1 and 1/2 lbs. If I had to guess, I'd say the latter, because I've been eating like a professional competitive eater recently. A couple days ago I had a burrito (in my defense, it was fairly small) and then I decided I needed a second lunch, so I had a veggie burger haha. Two lunches? No big deal :-) I have been able exercise a lot though, so between being pregnant and active, I don't feel so bad about my growing-teenage-boy-sized appetite.

I've started to have a higher tolerance for exercise than I did a month ago... A few weeks ago I did a "long" run with my tennis girls and had on/off contractions for 15 minutes afterward, but then I did the same run with them a few days ago and I felt nothing! I also played an hour and half of tennis on Sunday without any belly pains or contractions (however my thighs were definitely killing me the next day from running after all those balls!). I've been using my Wii Fit a bunch, which is the perfect pregnancy workout... not too intense, a nice mix of cardio, yoga, and strength training, and I get to pick my exercises so I don't have to do anything I know I shouldn't be. I wish I had a video of me doing it though, because my belly is just huge and it is the funniest thing to see. Have you ever watched a pregnant lady do the hula hoop workout on wii fit? I could probably make some money on a video like that!

Like I said, my belly is just growing and growing! All my workout shirts seem to be failing in the covering-my-tummy department. Thankfully, I just got a whole new maternity wardrobe thanks to SR becoming a mommy and no longer needing her big in the belly clothes. Today I took out all the clothes from my closet that will inevitably be too small for me to be wearing while this pregnant, and made room for all of the maternity stuff I have acquired. Brand new wardrobe? Check.

Yesterday I had to worst back pain of my life. I believe it's from my sleeping positions (because I wake up 10 times a night uncomfortable), so darling husband and I decided it was time to invest in a pregnancy pillow. Jordon stopped by the Target on his way home from Bridgewater yesterday, and dropped $50 on a Boppy total body pillow. Ridiculous amount to spend in a pillow, but after sleeping so well last night, I firmly believe it is one of the best investments we've ever made. This bad boy starts at the top with a curve so the head and back of the neck is supported, continues down the front of the body, cradling the belly, then continues to curve between the legs all the way to the back, completely supporting the hips. Yes, it's huge, but I love it. Yay for pregnancy pillows!

As for my dear little baby boy, he is twisting and moving all about all the time. This week and during the weeks to come is the time for him to start gaining all that subcutaneous fat, so his body will plump out and he'll start to look less like a little skeleton and a little more like a chubby baby. His lungs are maturing, meaning that if for some reason he was born prematurely, he'd have a chance of survival that only will go up in the following weeks. Reading all of this information about his development really makes it sink in that I have a CHILD in there and he is going to be in my arms SO SOON! It is wild to think about. I continue to pray everyday that he is growing healthy and strong, and I hope you all will continue to pray for us as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment