Thursday, April 21, 2011

26 Weeks


My goodness does time fly. This week went by like it was nothing. It probably had something to do with the fact that I was so extremely busy! I subbed twice at the Christian school, had a tennis match all the way over at East Rockingham and finalized and submitted my Masters thesis!

Despite how busy I was, it was hard to forget just how pregnant I am. First of all, I have a beach ball in my belly, seriously. My belly is just huge. And in the last couple weeks, I feel like I've really been noticeably pregnant to everyone else as well. I'm not sure if its because I'm really that much bigger, or because it's warmer and I'm no longer wearing sweatshirts everyday, but I'm getting all of those "Oh, when are you due??!" questions from strangers all the time. I am enjoying the special, pregnant-lady treatment though. The other day I was in the Walmart and forgot to grab a cart, so I was heading toward the carts and this man who was almost inside the store was like "Oh here, take mine!!" I mean, it's not like I couldn't have walked that last 10 ft to get shopping cart, but it was pretty nice that he gave his cart up haha. And when we went to Chick-fil-a the other night after our tennis match, I went up to order an ice cream cone, and the lady behind the counter asked me how far along I was and what I was having etc, and then she comes out around the corner with my "small" ice cream cone which was the size of the Eiffel tower. I guess she thought that pregnant women need their ice cream!!

On the downside, I'm definitely feeling the side effects of that big belly. My back aches all the time! I realized how pregnant I was on Tuesday when I was watching the girls play tennis for hours, and during doubles the other team's coach came up and asked me when I was due, etc. I realized then that I had been standing with my hands on my lower back, belly pushed forward a bit, rocking back and forth. I'm one of those pregnant women!

Other than making mommy look like she has a beach ball in her belly, Tyler has been busy growing and developing. He weighs about 2 lbs now, and his lungs are just maturing away. Sometime this week his eyes will start to open (they have been fused shut for quite sometime now) so apparently he may respond to light changes in the womb. I've read if you shine a flashlight on your belly they baby may start to move because he sees it (Although he moves pretty constantly these days, so I doubt he needs much encouragement!). His hearing is also much more sensitive these days and his brain waves are working like crazy. I think he'll be a smart little boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment