Thursday, April 28, 2011

27 Weeks


After 27 weeks of pregnancy, I’m entering my 28th week, which means I’m officially entering my THIRD trimester! Boy, does time fly! I cannot believe I have been pregnant this long and how quickly the time has flown. It really makes me think back on everything I’ve experienced thus far in this journey:

Some of the worst parts about being pregnant:

1. morning sickness

2. fatigue

3. not being able to run at the intensity/duration I used to be able to

4. being grumpy at my poor husband all the time

5. not being able to fit into 95% of my clothes

6. the literal pain of my belly growing

Some of the best parts about being pregnant:

1. having a baby in my belly!

2. The first time I felt my boy move

3. Having an excuse to be lazy

4. Random strangers who smile at my belly

Some of the WEIRDEST things that have happened while pregnant:

1. I ate meat (just a little, and yes I regret it)

2. I get one or two sporadic hiccups whenever I’m hungry

3. I sleep at least 9 hours a night

4. I rarely crave sweets and will randomly crave beer (even though I almost never drank pre-pregnancy and definitely have not indulged!)

5. My nails are so long it looks like I have fake tips on them

So these past 27 weeks have really taught me how awful, exciting, and weird pregnancy can really be. Yes, I realize I have more “worst parts” than “best parts” and will admit, pregnancy isn’t quite as fun as I thought it would be, but I am realizing more and more everyday that the end product will be such a blessing that I will most likely forget all the bad parts of pregnancy (that is, until baby #2 makes their appearance!). I am going to be SO much more prepared the next time around!

Tyler has sure been busy this week. He is just moving all the time! Sometimes I wonder if it is abnormal to have a little one who moves SO much. He is about the size of an eggplant (just not quite so purple), over one foot “tall” from head to toe, and weighs about 2lbs. Maybe more, as I’ve been eating like it’s going out of style. Still right on track with my weight gain though… just about 12lbs so far (although personally I think my thighs say otherwise haha). And his little brain is developing rapidly and apparently his brain waves are firing like those of a newborn (or faster because my child is definitely a genius!).

I’ve been doing pretty well this week… I’m not as sore from everything growing as I have been for the past couple months, and I’ve been sleeping fairly well thanks to my Boppy. I even brought it to Roanoke with me when we went to visit family for Easter. I do, however, have an awful toothache and am terrified I may have an infection/need a root canal. Last time this tooth was sore, it was just from grinding my teeth in my sleep, so I’m hoping that’s the case this time. I’m scheduled to go to the dentist next Wednesday though, so if it hasn’t cleared up by then, we’ll see what my options are (can they do root canals on pregnant women??). PLEASE keep my poor tooth in your prayers!!!

I appreciate you all following me this far on my journey to mommyhood! Hang in there, we only have 13 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment