Thursday, July 7, 2011

37 Weeks


The big 3-7, or "full-term," is finally here!! Dearest son, if you are ready, I'm ready! I am trying SO hard to be patient for my little man's arrival, but I cannot wait to hold him in my arms! Plus, the longer he is in there, the bigger his head is going to get, and I'm assuming since his noggin is in the 88th percentile for his age, his head is either as big, or bigger than the normal 40 week gestation baby, so I'm ready to get him out!

Other signs of my "maternal misery" include a lack of sleep, back pain, and false labor nearly every other day. Yes, I do understand that I won't get sleep when the baby comes (you do not know how often I've gotten that advice!!), but I will be much more OK with not sleeping because I'm taking care of my child rather than not sleeping because my belly is the size of a watermelon and I have to pee every hour. I've also had bout after bout of false labor, most of the time brought on by doing something physical (like walking or what not). On the 4th of July, I had awful contractions that started in my lower back and moved forward and hurt like crazy. For hours I had these but they were so irregular that I was convinced they couldn't be real labor. I tried everything from laying on the couch to soaking in the tub and they would not cease!! Jordon and I almost convinced ourselves it was the real thing, but eventually, like 6 hours later, they slowed down enough for me to sleep. Last time this happened, I ended up being nearly 2 cm dilated, but my midwife didn't check me at my appointment today, so who knows where I am now! But she did say his head is low and engaged in my pelvis, so he's definitely dropped and in position... just a waiting game until he decides to come out. False labor has happened at least 3 or 4 times though, so I know I am never going to know/admit I'm really in labor unless my water breaks!

To compete with my constant anxiety over going into labor, I've been trying to keep myself as busy as possible. I've been babysitting this week and spend most of my time taking the kids to the pool because it is the only place I'm fairly comfortable. I've also been walking TONS, which I figure will either spur on labor eventually, or keep me healthy and in shape, so I suppose it's a win/win situation either way. I played tennis the other day too (against the wall, as my husband's skills far surpass mine, especially while I'm 37 weeks pregnant) which felt great. I think my tennis game is actually better than it was 3 months ago, which is kind of hard to believe!!

I've been getting SO many stares these days... I know people don't see massively pregnant women walking around everyday, but I feel like a freak sometimes!! I've started wearing Jordon's tee-shirts because they fit much better than mine these days, and make my bump a little less outrageous. I can't wait to have people staring at my little boy and not my belly!!

As you can tell, I'm definitely ready to have Tyler come into the world. I'm so anxious and excited for the day I can finally share a picture of my little man with ya'll and not just bump pictures!! Please send your labor-vibes my way over the next 3 weeks and let's hope I don't go past due!

No comments:

Post a Comment